Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory

MenuAmsterdam MapDirectorySite Index
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: BHO/Wax Advice - 1e Hulp
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:27 pm 

I'll be out in dam in a couple of weeks, and having seen the recent menus from 1e Hulp I'm curious as to the value of their BHO and wax.

85 euros seems pretty steep for a gram, and the last time I paid silly money to try something was when James still ran Basjoes and the fabled terminator was "off" the menu lol

Now I enjoyed the terminator, maybe just for the novelty of saying to everyone who tried it "you have been terminated" and "come with me if you want to live" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now I want some replies from peeps who have had this wax stuff recently and their views on it.

:?: :?: :?:

Next trip ???????? soon i hope :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:36 pm 

NOTHING in Adam is worth 80 euro a gram...hope that helps :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:45 pm 

USBONGLORD wrote:
NOTHING in Adam is worth 80 euro a gram...hope that helps :mrgreen:

This is what I thought, and I KNEW you would be the guy to steer me straight on that :mrgreen:

Looks like ill just stick to the good hashes that don't have the term Icolater or wax attached to increase the price ten fold!!

Next trip ???????? soon i hope :(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:30 am 

I mean if ya gotta,get some friends and split it or ask for a half...I've not smoked 1ehulps product yet but the price,even if its gold,is just highway robbery...have fun :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:34 pm 

Stay away !!!! The prices are just rip off , if anything the BHO should be relative in price to bubble (which is mostly overpriced too) as for the purge ? Fuck knows but whipping into budder ain't the way to go

Cashing in on the relatively new (for Europe) dab market ? I think so

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:34 pm 

Bushdoctors have recently improved the way they make their wax. The guy who makes it for them told me in decembe they started doing co2 extraction and have also bought a better vacum machine.

There is now 5 diferent 'flavours' of wax still 95e a gram but they will sell you .
0.2 for 19 if u wanna try it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:15 pm 

ROBBO wrote:
Bushdoctors have recently improved the way they make their wax. The guy who makes it for them told me in decembe they started doing co2 extraction and have also bought a better vacum machine.

There is now 5 diferent 'flavours' of wax still 95e a gram but they will sell you .
0.2 for 19 if u wanna try it.

No offense meant. I absolutely guarantee you 100% there is no CO2 extraction going on there. Using super critical fluid extraction takes a laboratory, very large Industrial compressor, 80+K in equipment and a technician trained in the science. I don't believe there are more then a dozen world wide doing this. And certainly not in the Netherlands or anywhere else in Europe that I am aware of. CO2 extracted oil will not appear waxy without additional processing. It actually removes most of the wax in the process. Did Bushdoctor force you to buy product or leave?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:52 pm 

No i went in the one by smokeys they were real friendly.
Maybe the guy was lying or maybe not i cant say.

What i can say is the product looked and smoked better than 6 months ago.
Still way overpriced but if u wanna try these things buying .2 at a time isnt so bad on ur wallet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:19 am 

I tried og kush cherry bomb and blue cheese wax at the bushdoctors..They were for 95euros per gram each. Its not as good as in cali but its worth a try. Peace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:48 pm 

So, good bud averages about 18% thc these days. The "average" bho around here, when lab tested seems to be about 85% thc, which means it's probably about 4-5 times more concentrated than buying the same weight in herb. (85euro/4.7=18euro/gram for weed) That seems a little expensive for the "equivalent" high, but not :shock: over expensive. (Of course, the bho is frequently being made with trim and popcorn and other non-premium bud, so the makers are definitely making out on this new trend...)

I wouldn't probably spend that much on it, as that's steep for what I'm used to paying for wax (35-50 euro/g around here depending on shelf), but if you've never tried it/ are on vacation .2 gs is about the same potency as a gram of bud in terms of total thc, so your call.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:14 am 

Location: Lost since '73...Visits to A'dam: At least once...this month
I agree with Bong, absolutely nothing is worth that price, maybe 25 Euros a gram, and that's a stretch (for me).
Geeky Monkey, comparing the price of cured bud with what basically was at one time considered trash (trim/juvenile bud) doesn't hold water.
Take a bunch of trim that years ago would have been discarded, give it a butane wash (1 can x 1.50 Euro per 25 grams plant material), and then a little time to purge. 100 grams of reasonably dense (trichome) covered trim should yield between 15-25 grams of BHO. The total cost would be 6.00 Euros. If the yield were 25 grams, look at the ridiculous markup/profit - 25 x 85 Euros = 2,125 Euros. That's about a 35,000% mark up. (not to be take literally, but close).
Additional materials required are a length of stainless steel tubing (free if one were inclined to dig for it in a scrap yard), a hose clamp, a few coffee filters, and a glass baking dish.
Lastly, I agree with milehigh, unless I see the CO2 rig, I call bullshit. I invite fellow stoners to do their own research on the subject.
A massive investment that I highly doubt any coffee shop owner would make, especially given that there is really no market for dabbing in Europe, yet, especially at 95 Euros per gram. ( :shock: :lol: )
Stoners, fleecing themselves... :roll:
Moving on cause this should be a dead subject...
Happy Dabbing...
... :mrgreen:
ps - i like and respect the peeps at 1e Hulp. :)

Amnesia Haze/OG#18/Sour Lemon OG/Terperella/Ace of Spades/Kripple Shock/White Nightmare

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:46 pm 

I need to point out the correct math UR.

With really good trim/fluff you will get a return of 5 to 10% not 15 to 25%. When using flowers only you can increase that by 5% to 8%. So 15% to 18% on the best day with really good starting material. So the math would be at 10 dollars a gram for flowers with a 10% return calculates to, 100 grams cost 1000 dollars to make 10 grams of quality shatter/bho. So 100 a gram actually calculates correctly based on those numbers

However, as mentioned, a lot of trim is used, flowers that people won't smoke, old stuff, dried out stuff, immature stuff all goes into the BHO vat when you don't have much to choose from. If you are using a reclaiming unit you can increase your output by a couple of percent. IMO the market and availability determine the price, not the cost of the starting material.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:02 pm 

And on that note..I hate retailers :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:50 pm 

Location: Lost since '73...Visits to A'dam: At least once...this month
milehigh wrote:
I need to point out the correct math UR.

With really good trim/fluff you will get a return of 5 to 10% not 15 to 25%. When using flowers only you can increase that by 5% to 8%. So 15% to 18% on the best day with really good starting material. So the math would be at 10 dollars a gram for flowers with a 10% return calculates to, 100 grams cost 1000 dollars to make 10 grams of quality shatter/bho. So 100 a gram actually calculates correctly based on those numbers

However, as mentioned, a lot of trim is used, flowers that people won't smoke, old stuff, dried out stuff, immature stuff all goes into the BHO vat when you don't have much to choose from. If you are using a reclaiming unit you can increase your output by a couple of percent. IMO the market and availability determine the price, not the cost of the starting material.

Oh no, corrected math? :oops: ;)

In my defense, I did state reasonably dense, not average or run of the mill as is with most weed (personal opinion).
Most of my washes have yielded between 8-10%, and that's with the above mentioned average gear.
I invite you to look at yields people have been getting in recent years, especially the "pros" in Cali. Some are reaching yields of 20-25%, extreme cases almost 30%. Two words - thrichome density. If the plant material is literally covered in trichs, 20% is not unreasonable.
Slightly off topic but it does connect - not that many years ago people (stoners) had claimed that the max THC% one could expect from concentrates was 70-75%. As some of us know, that simply isn't the case, just ask Bong and his 90ish % Spoon.

Regardless of me splitting hairs, my message is still clear and valid - whoever produces this stuff must think they piss champagne and shit caviar.
Stoner scooby snack for thought - who is paying these ridiculous prices? That's right - STONERS!
To those who pay these prices - thanks for absolutely nothing. :twisted: :roll: :lol:
Happy Dabbing...
... :mrgreen:
Edit - seems I may have created some confusion with my comments.
If I had 100 grams of trim with no trichomes, my yield would be 0 grams, correct? Yes... :)
If I had 100 grams of trim that looked like mother nature dumped bucket of trichomes on it, then my yield would be significant, in terms of grams.
If I used a rudimentary method of extraction, the purity of the concentrate may not be all that good. The more plant material and other stuff, the lower the % of purity.
As for the strength, measured in terms of %, the good stuff supposedly falls somewhere between 18-23% (so some say).
I hope this clears up any misunderstanding... :)

Amnesia Haze/OG#18/Sour Lemon OG/Terperella/Ace of Spades/Kripple Shock/White Nightmare

Last edited by Uncle Ron on Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:11 pm 

Price is not a reflection of production cost, never will be, and I'd never ask a producer to sell me something at the cost it took to make it.

There is risk in stocking super-concentrates in Amsterdam right now because they have technically been classed as hard drug. That alone would justify the few shops willing to do it charging a higher price.

Straight up Ron I call bullshit that there is any trim in Cali that could possibly lead to 20-30% yield- that trim would have to be stronger than the strongest tested flowers.

Also, premium trim in Cali retails for $75/oz, so for most people that's not free either. (It's not actually free to you either, given that you pay for the electricity, materials, and risk of growing.)