All times are UTC [ DST ]

Do you like Heaven 69?
I like Heaven 69 92%  92%  [ 11 ]
I don't like Heaven 69 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Heaven 69 (Maastricht)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:18 pm 

ACD Page: Heaven 69

A quality shop in my opinion. It is a hell of a lot closer than Amsterdam for me (I live in Belgium), and I can get there by car in about an hour. Usually we'd roll up a spliff of our own before setting off, so we'd be nice and mellow when we went inside.

The first time I went there, about 3 years ago, I didn't realise the hash bar was downstairs, so I just walked to the bar in the front and asked for the weed menu. A friendly old stoner explained to us that the weed bar was downstairs, and since he knew we were Heaven Newbies, he led the way and recommended the Amnesia Haze. We thought it was a bit pricey, so he offered to buy a gram himself and smoke it with us so we could judge for ourselves. We gratefully accepted the offer, and never regretted it. We split a fairly fat join three ways, the old guy taking about half of it because me and my friend were so stoned, we were afraid we wouldn't be able to smoke any more. I bought another 5 grans of Amnesia, my friend bought 5 grams of the Jack Herrer and a pre-rolled spliff, which we kept for the ride home.

We ended up playing a few games of chess with the old guy, in which he kicked our asses royally, we smoked the vaporizers, we invited some sexy girls to the table, chatted with them for a bit until they had to go, had a hamburger and fries (delicious!), and ended up smoking another 4 joints between two guys. Our initial idea was to sit there and roll a J, smoke it and leave. We ended up staying for almost 3 hours. The atmosphere was just amazing, nothing but friendly faces. The music could have been a bit better, but that's just my personal opinion, as I'm a pretty stubborn hiphop afficionado (real hiphop that is). The seating is just amazing, you can just kick back and relax. During hot summer days, I recommend going upstairs, when the roofing is removed and the top floor is turned into a patio surrounded by lush plantlife.

I've visited the Heaven 69 about 10 times since, and I never had any negative comments on it. Great weed, great food, great service and great atmosphere. Truly a heaven for stoners.

All in all, Heaven 69 gets a 9.5 out of 10 from me.

Post subject: Heaven69 /Thailand89
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:22 pm 

I'll have make a visit to Heaven69 next time I'm in Holland. And if any of you get there before me please say hello to Pat for me. I met Pat, the proprietor of Heaven69, when I was in Thailand in 1989. He was with Ciaran, David, Barry and Lawrence. Had a great time with them fishing for dinner in the gulf of Siam, drinking Singha beer and smoking with the hill tribes in the Golden Triangle.
-Pat (AKA PatPong) McKee -the other Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:33 pm 

Great shop, went there with my girlfriend a few months back to pick up some weed and has for a festival, defiantly some of the best stuff I've ever had.

Got some #A5 Haze weed and Zero-Zero Hash. Bags were pre-weighed but had decent amounts.

Friendly black buttender and the milkshakes were top notch too. Quality place, I'll be going back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:51 pm 

The Heaven69 is one of the most luxurious and biggest Locations to have a good smoke in Maastricht. On three Levels (incl. the terrace which is open during the summer month) you can sit and relax.

This Shop is the inly one in Maastricht which is also a real Restaurant. The Breakfast and the Milkshakes are my favourites there.

Weed Quality was better in former times than it is today. I was very disappointed of their Buddha last time I visited the Heaven. Prices have always been high - you pay for the Location but normaly the weed-quality also fits the place - but not last time: Expensive and not good. I also don´t like the System of selling with these pre-packed amounts of 1,2 g or so. Although the dealer gives you good advise und you can even test the weed or hash in long wooden pipes. This good Service doesen´t fit to these pre weightet Packages they sell you then.

Most times I go there now, when I first bought 5 gram some other place, buy one or two gram and relax there, have a banana-milkshake or eat something.

The also have a selection of games and many good newspapers as e.g. Smart- Grow- and Cannabis-Magazines in Dutch and English s.a. Hightimes (the English-Edition - which you can also buy there - because the owner is an Irish Guy).

Many students from the nearby faculties chill out in the Heaven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:31 am 

seems like you are a coffeeshop-weed-only-smoker like me. If you want good deals, good quality, friendly staff and dont want to drive so far, go to Eindhoven or Tilburg, both great cities and not as expensive as Maastricht

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:54 am 

sh@dy wrote:
seems like you are a coffeeshop-weed-only-smoker like me. If you want good deals, good quality, friendly staff and dont want to drive so far, go to Eindhoven or Tilburg, both great cities and not as expensive as Maastricht

What coffeeshops and weed can you recommend in Eindhoven and Tilburg? What kind of deals do they have? Peace.

Post subject: eindhoven
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:17 am 

its one of the nicest town
i think the coolest in its the pink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:12 pm 

Puffin13 wrote:
sh@dy wrote:

What coffeeshops and weed can you recommend in Eindhoven and Tilburg? What kind of deals do they have? Peace.

Eindhoven:
The best deals/prices can be found at Grasshopper. Dont be fooled by the name, it doesnt belong to the shop-chain of Amsterdam. Once I smoked Orange Bud there which costed 5€, blew me away and had a real sweet taste. I wouldnt chill there though, because the atmosphere is always a bit hectic ;)

The best shop to chill out in my opinion is the Pink, nice weed, good prices, friendly staff and a real nice atmosphere.

In Tilburg we only visited two shops so far and they were both selling great quality. In Toermalijn they have a big big big menu you can choose from, they have like 10-12 Hazes and around 10-15 Ice-O-Lators, not bad. There we bought the Blueberry Haze, which for me was the best weed I smoked so far.
De Muze has a nice menu as well, the dealer was very very friendly to me, I tried to order with the few words I know in dutch and he laughed with me, talked a bit to me and the gave me some Diesel which must be the same mother-plant as the one from Dampkring, very citrus and a nice high! Tilburg seems to be a very relaxed place for smokers, the coffeeshops arent hidden in dark streets, there are even some on the big streets next to the banks and so on....cool town :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:13 pm 

sh@dy wrote:

That´s right - I only smoke coffeeshop-weed. If you don´t grow yourself or know someone, it´s the best way to get good quality and to know what you smoke, I think. I also tried some illegal adresses, but the weed quality you get there varies in quality and quantity - and it never has a name - nothing for me.

Thanks for the tip with Eindhoven. But I live south of Maastricht near the border - and Einhoven would be 200 km more for me (in total). I will surely visit Eindhoven some day, but it´s not an every-day-option for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:07 am 

Hi there I notice quite alot here are from Germany so probably go over the border frequently so a question:

Are there any smoker friendly bars in Masstricht????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:53 pm 

An excellent place i've been there twice now and going again this year too they just have everything right , great atmosphere and top quaility stuff the city is really nice too with lots of other Coffee shops also , its well worth trying other places in Holland not just Amsterdam :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:57 pm 

@ squirrel - smoker-friendly bars? You mean places where you can also drink alcohol???

If that´s what you want to know, I can answer with a strict NO!

Selling alcohol and selling softdrugs is strictly divided in Maastricht. Once there where an nightclub, where you could drink alcohol and also smoke your (own - not sold there) weed. But places like this disappear more and more in the whole netherlands. I don´t know any pubs oder bars in Maastricht where you can also smoke weed. There are only Coffeeshops to buy and smoke weed and hash, and "normal" pubs where you can drink.

It´s really like they said in "Pulp Fiction": "They want yout to smoke at special designated places - you can´t walk into a restaurant, roll a joint and start puffin` away..."

These are the experiences I made. These tolerant kinds of bars are mostly found in countries/cities where weed is prohibited and which are far away from the border.

I just arrived back from Berlin, where you can find these kinds of locations. In Aachen (where I live and what is near the border to NL) there ain´t places like this, because everyone who wants to smoky could easily drive to a coffeeshop in Maastricht.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:36 pm 

Location: Lost since '73...Visits to A'dam: At least once...this month
Upon entering the shop, there is a row of booths on the right side, with security sitting in the first or second booth. There are a couple of video games just past the booths, and up a stair or two and a bar is waiting on the left. Continue to the back and there are stairs that lead down to the smoking room and dealer.
I have frequented this shop for a few years and have ALWAYS had a positive experience. The last time I was there was in February 09, but I did not buy any gear. A friend of mine bought some but wouldn't tell me; tasted a little like diesel, not sure. It was nice gear, and free, no complaints.
The prices have remained reasonable, slightly below but on par with most shops in Maastricht. The people who work there are friendly and courteous, a nice gesture is always returned.
Highly recommended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:17 am 

Ive never been there before but i would sure love to be like you! ie fresh/cheap weed & only a 40 min train journey away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:18 am 

Best coffeeshop in town when it comes to atmosphere/design/decor.
The weed isn't that good tho for the price (same price like kosbor which imho has way better weed).
This shop definitely doesn't have "cheap" weed anymore.
All prices in maastricht are kinda the same these days (high), so if you want to buy "cheap", you'd best buy the highest quality from another shop.
No point buying weed for a euro less per gram if the weed is gonna be wet (equivalent to 0.5 dry gram).

I didn't try their hash by the way....